Great news everyone!
Dr Renee is now qualified to be able to provide Invisalign in certain cases.
You’ve probably heard people talking about the ‘clear braces’, so what exactly is Invisalign?
The Invisalign system is a series of custom-made clear aligners used to straighten teeth. Wearing these aligners will gradually and gently shift the teeth into place, based on planned movements. Aligners are changed approximately every 2 weeks and because they are removable, you can take them out to eat, brush and floss normally and easily! Treatment times vary but average 12 – 18 months.
The treatment process involves:
- Taking photos, x-rays and impressions to assist in creating a treatment plan
- Dr Renee will then be able to discuss the customised 3D treatment plan with you
- Customised aligners will be manufactured
- You will be provided with the aligners (normally 2 – 3 sets at a time) to wear everyday and change at home
- You will visit Dr Renee approximately every 6 weeks to monitor progress of the treatment
- After treatment is finished, you will need retainers fitted to ensure the new position of your teeth is maintained
If you having been considering straightening your teeth but don’t want braces, then this may be the answer you’ve been looking for! Dr Renee will be more than happy to discuss any questions you may have.